The road to renewing your car insurance can often be a bumpy one, but nonetheless, we all spend time trawling through comparison websites to find the best deal. But are you using your time effectively?
Not only could you be saving yourself money, you could be earning a donation of up to £40 for your cause with easyfundraising.org.uk by following these savvy tricks…
The cost of your insurance is mainly based on your insurance risk to a company. If you come across as a safe driver your premium will be lower, and there are a few simple ways of doing this.
• Make sure your car is as secure as it can be. From parking it in a garage or on a drive over night, to ensuring it’s fitted with a recognised alarm system
• An additional driver could be another option, as long as they’re low-risk too
• If you’re a young driver or have less experience, some insurers will factor in whether you’ve taken a Pass Plus, so don’t forget to tell them about it if you’ve got the certificate
The old saying goes ‘you get what you pay for’ and we can’t deny that’s true, but there are ways to make sure you’re not driving up the cost unnecessarily.
• By paying your car insurance annually instead of monthly, you could be saving yourself a three figure sum
• Check you’re not getting any unwanted added extras. For instance, some banks and building societies already offer you breakdown cover so why have this in with your insurance to?
• Upping your voluntary excess can often drive the cost of your insurance down – just make sure you’re able to afford it if something was to go wrong
• If you’re switching insurer make sure you can carry your no claims over, it really can make a huge difference
Make the rounds
There’s no way around it we’re afraid, the first deal you’re given will rarely be the best so you’ll need to shop around.
Run checks on comparison sites as well as checking on insurer and broker websites that aren’t listed. The best deals are normally found online.
That said; the size of your easyfundraising donation will be significantly lower if you purchase insurance through a comparison site, so once you’ve found the insurer you want to go with, head to their website through easyfundraising to make your purchase.
Even if you’re going with the same insurer make sure you’ve re-read your policy. Some bits could’ve changed so you need to make sure you’re getting exactly what you think you are, because there’s no guarantee they’ll tell you.
Doing a comparison, even on the same insurer, could bring down your renewal cost!
Now it’s time to get behind the wheel and find the best deal, but don’t get carried away and forget to earn your FREE donation to your cause. Once you’ve found the right deal, head to easyfundraising.org.uk and make your purchase through our website.