Want to join the easyfundraising family?
We’re growing like crazy and we're on the hunt for talented people to join our successful team.
- Role: PHP Developer
- Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Salary: Up to £25k per annum (depending on experience)
- Term: Permanent (we cultivate happiness and staying power)
If you love the web, would like to work within a talented team and use the very latest web technology, then we have the job for you!
We are looking for a talented web developer (with or without beard) to help contribute towards the phenomenal success that is easyfundraising. Projects in the pipeline include international expansion, the development of mobile applications and site-wide gamification.
We are on the verge of changing our infrastructure to use cutting edge technologies and best practice in order to deliver an exceptional user experience - and we want you to be part of it!
You will need to:
- Understand the Internet and what makes it work.
- Have a pragmatic and focused approach to delivering quality work.
- Have a passion for all things web and a keen interest in emerging technologies.
- PHP 5.
- MySQL 5.
- HTML/CSS, using semantic markup compliant with W3C standards.
- Experience using MVC frameworks.
- Experience operating in a Linux/Apache environment.
- An understanding of API's and RESTful web services.
- Experience in relational database design, including the production of ERDs.
- An understanding of SEO/SEM.
- Experience in server side performance optimisation using technologies such as Nginx, MongoDB, Memcached etc.
- Experience with unit testing procedures and frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit).
- Experience with deployment systems (e.g. Phing).
- Hacky sack.
For further information and to apply: Email your CV to email@example.com
- Role: MI Analyst
- Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Salary: Salary: £28k - £31k depending on experience
We are looking for an MI Analyst who is passionate about data, thrives in a challenging environment and wants to make a difference. Working as part of a small, committed team, you will be responsible for analysing large data sets across the business (650,000 users, 70,000 charities, 7,500,000 transactions and £300,000,000 in sales).
The business is expanding rapidly, and we are already by far the largest charity cashback website in the UK - currently having donated over £6,000,000 to charities and good causes.
- Design and produce reports and dashboards for relevant stakeholders in appropriate formats to support and inform business activities and decisions
- Manage ad hoc requests across the business
- Identify business trends and highlight these where appropriate to the senior management team; where possible proposing appropriate next steps
- Evaluate and analyse marketing activity, providing insight into customer behaviour and identifying optimal strategies and opportunities for improvement
- Work with individual departments to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and deeper insights, through the effective use of existing information, collection of new data, integration of outside datasets and identification of data quality issues and other barriers
- Design and evaluate experiments to gauge the impact and effectiveness of marketing campaigns and website changes
- Develop and deliver appropriate financial and non-financial KPI reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, with a focus on full automation of regular reports where possible
- Train staff / departments across the business in the use of the reporting suite
- Develop forecast models for key business metrics and predictive models for customer behaviour
- Work with the digital specialists to develop the use of Google Analytics data, SEO and PPC data and to fully integrate these with our main reporting systems (candidates will have the opportunity to learn on the job should experience be needed in web analytics)
- Maintenance of the QlikView server as required – ensuring that the environment is stable, the daily load process runs smoothly; management of user licensing
- Input in design and development of a data warehouse for reporting in the near future (experience with data warehousing is not required but would be beneficial)
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field (mathematics, science/engineering, business, finance, or marketing/advertising with quantitative focus)
- Three or more years of experience in a data analyst or similar role
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and data modelling skills, with a passion for data
- QlikView design and development experience (strong experience with similar BI packages such as Tableau, Spotfire or SSRS would also be considered)
- Great communication skills and the ability to visually convey information concisely and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Strong reporting skills
- First-rate Excel skills
- An understanding of basic statistical analysis techniques
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; as part of a small team and on own initiative with limited guidance in some cases
- Understanding of SQL scripting and basic database / warehouse design experience
- Experience with statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS or R
- Basic programming skills, particularly in VBA, R or SQL (general transferrable skills such as C++ / Python would also be of interest)
- Familiarity with Google analytics or similar web analytics systems such as Omniture
The successful candidate must enjoy working with data, but also have strong initiative and the ability to glean insights and translate these into business impacts and opportunities and communicate recommendations to senior management.
What's on offer
- 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fun relaxed working environment in the heart of picturesque Lichfield city centre
About usEstablished in 2005, www.easyfundraising.org.uk is now the UK’s leading good cause shopping site. Using the popular cashback model, supporters register online and instead of raising cashback when they shop online, donations are raised for their good cause. Supporters can shop and raise online with over 2,700 online retailers across a wide range of products and services, including Amazon, John Lewis, Argos, M&S, Tesco, Asda, Next, Dell, Thomas Cook, ebay, Sky and many more. There are now around 70,000 good causes registered on the site from local PTA’s and Sports Clubs to national charities, and over 650,000 registered supporters of these causes. To date we have raised over £6 million for good causes across the UK but that’s just the beginning... You could be involved in something BIG!
How to apply Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Mike on 01543 308620.