We make every effort to safeguard your privacy and the policy that follows explains the data processing we do and how we do it.
If you have any further queries on our use of your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect and store?
We collect the following information when you use the Website:
- information which you give to us on your application form including your name, address, your e-mail address and your telephone number;
- information which you provide to us through your use of the Website, including any information you provide in relation to Gift Aid;
- we collect your IP address and information about your browser;
- information in relation to searches, websites you visit, and the Donations you make to Good Causes through the Website and using our tools (including our toolbar);
- information in relation to the social networks you use to connect to the Website;
- information and data in respect of Good Causes; and
- information in relation to the purchases you have from retailers which relate to Donations.
We store all of the information described above against your user identification number which we assign to you when you register with us on the Website.
We will also collect information which is provided about you by our retailers (and affiliate networks) in respect of the actions you perform on their websites and within their network. Supporters are able to raise monies for Good Causes as Easyfundraising has arrangements with certain retailers either directly or through affiliate networks under which if Supporters do certain things such retailers (and affiliate networks) pay monies to Easyfundraising which are held by Easyfundraising (as agent) before being paid to Good Causes. The collection of such information by third parties is governed by their privacy and cookies policies.
We do not collect or store your financial information unless you are a Good Cause Administrator and you have asked for Donations you have raised to be paid by BACS, in which case we shall retain the relevant account details. Our partner Reward may request your credit or debit card details as part of the Reward Card Linking Scheme described below.
What do we use the information for?
We want to give our users the best possible service and need key information to provide our fundraising service to you. Therefore main use of the information we collect is to enable the core functioning of the Website by you and other users.
Information collected will also be used to improve the Website, monitor how the Website is being used, including detecting problems in its functioning, and to provide a more personalised service to you to enhance your fundraising efforts.
We may use the data gathered to contact you by telephone, e-mail, SMS or other means, to update you of new products, services, or changes to our service or your account. We will only advise you of products that we believe will be of interest to you and help raise funds for your selected organisation or charity. You can tell us to stop sending you communications information about you at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or clicking the 'unsubscribe' link within any of our marketing emails.
We may contact you by SMS in relation to the use of your account. However, if you no longer wish to be contacted by SMS, please reply to any texts we have sent by texting "STOP" to the number included within the text we originally sent you
Any personal information you provide to us will only be used by us, our agents and service providers, and will not be disclosed unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law.
Other than as described below, we will not pass on your personal details to any third party without your permission.
We will also contact you if there are any important changes to your account or if we have any concerns in relation to your account, any of your information is at risk, if there is any unusual activity in relation to your account or if we have queries or information regarding a specific donation or purchase.
What information do we share with third parties?
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- we share Supporter's names and information regarding a Supporter's behaviour on the Website, how much money a Supporter has raised with each Supporter's Good Cause;
- in relation to the sale of some or all Easyfundraising's business, or its assets, to a third party, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. In such circumstances we will take steps to notify you and to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- with data aggregators to analyse users' use of the Website, however, your information will only be shared in anonymised form;
- if Easyfundraising operates competitions, from time to time, it may operate competitions in conjunction with third parties in which case details of what information and how it will be shared shall provide;
- we will share your Gift Aid Declaration and email address with your Good Cause where they have requested it in order to claim Gift Aid on your Donation. The Good Cause may also pass this information to HMRC; and
- with law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement (if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Reward Card Linking Scheme
Our partner 'Reward' (the trading name of Sports Loyalty Card Limited a company registered in England whose registered number is 4158111 and whose registered office is at Lion House, Red Lion Street, London, W1D 4NS) operates a Card Linking Scheme which is available on the Website http://www.rewardinsight.com/. Reward is a trusted partner of Easyfundraising and is Tier 1 PCI DSS compliant organisation which is the highest standard available in relation to the data security.
Sharing information on the Website
We may share your first name and first initial of your name on the page of your Good Cause so other users can see it and the amount you have raised. We may also link the money you have raised to a specific retailer or affiliate network. If you do not want us to do this, please use the 'Your Account' section on the Website to tell us you wish to remain anonymous.
Transferring information abroad or to others
We do not transfer information in this way unless we need to transfer information abroad specifically to ensure that the service you seek is properly provided to you where that service is provided in whole or in part from abroad, although if we sell or otherwise dispose of the site our business or part of it in any way, the information will go with it but we will seek similar safeguards for you as these.
Deletion of information
We delete all personal information collected in relation to Supporters and Good Causes if the user cancels their registration with the Website, although we may retain such information in anonymised form.
You may request that we delete your account and all information relating to your account by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading 'DELETE ACCOUNT'.
Data Protection Act
Easyfundraising take the privacy of your data extremely seriously. We recognise and adhere to our legal obligations to protect your personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. We follow and exceed industry standard security measures for handling your personal data both physically and electronically.
Easyfundraising has notified the Information Commissioner of our role as 'data controller' under the Data Protection Act 1998 and our registration number with Information Commissioner is Z9990774.
If, at any time, you would like to contact Easyfundraising about your views on this Policy, or in relation to your rights in respect of your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com.