A couple of weeks ago we sent our causes cheques for the funds they raised in the second quarter of this year. The total amount sent out came to just shy of £200,000 – not at all bad for just three months of shopping and searching.
We asked our causes on Facebook what they plan to use the money for, here’s a selection of their responses:
- St Lawrence Primary School will be using their funds to build a new ‘bootrium’ – in case you were wondering, that’s a boot room and atrium!
- 175th Derby Cub Scout Pack are going to Disneyland Paris next year – lucky them!
- 6th Earl Shilton brownies are also planning to spend their cheque on a trip to a theme park.
- Arnside Guides are using their cheque to help with the cost of various Girlguiding Centenary events that they will take part in.
- 64th Portsmouth St. Swithuns Scout Group are putting the £70.89 they raised towards replacing their cold, damp and leaky scout hut.
- EMW-UK will put theirs towards their travel fund.
- Huntingdon Senior Section are buying a heavy weight double burner gas stove for their camping trips, to go with the wind-break they bought with their last cheque.
- Haworth Cricket Club are adding their cheque to a fund to build an extension at the club.
easyfundraising causes have raised almost £2 million so far. It will soon be time to send out the next batch of cheques for the funds raised between July and September and we’re expecting the Christmas shopping period of October to December to generate around half a million pounds in donations for our causes.
Add your comments below, we’d love to hear what you think.