We are Easyfundraising Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with a company number of 04764164 and a registered office at St Chad’s House, Suite 6, Cross Keys, Lichfield WS13 6DN (hereafter 'Easyfundraising, ‘we’ or ‘us’). These are our 'Supporter Terms' which govern the relationship between Easyfundraising and the registered users of our website (hereafter 'Supporters' or 'you') whose use of our website raises money for Good Causes (as defined below).
SECTION A: OVERVIEW
1. How the Website works: We are a for profit, private limited company which operates a website at easyfundraising.org.uk (the 'Website'). The Website is a donation platform enabling Supporters to effectively raise money for charities, schools, sports clubs, community groups and other good causes ( 'Good Causes'). Supporters are able to raise these monies as Easyfundraising has arrangements with certain retailers either directly or through affiliate networks (both retailers and affiliate networks being defined here as 'Retailers'). Under these arrangements if you do certain things ( 'Actions') Retailers pay monies to Easyfundraising as commission and Easyfundraising will pay such agreed proportion of these monies to a nominated Good Cause (a 'Donation') subject to these Terms. Easyfundraising retains part of the monies paid to it by Retailers before passing on any Donation to your Good Cause. You may also be able to donate money using your debit or credit card if the Good Cause you support has signed up for the service.
2. This is a Binding Contract: By registering as a Supporter you agree to be bound by these Supporter Terms which constitute a binding contract between you and Easyfundraising. By agreeing to these Supporter Terms, you are also agreeing to be bound to the following terms:
2.1. the Website Terms, which relate to your use of the Website and its content;
2.3. any End User Software Licence which relate to your use of Easyfundraising Materials as some of these have their own end user licences; and
2.4. any special terms which apply to competitions and promotions which Easyfundraising may offer from time to time (Promotion Terms).
SECTION B: REGISTERING AS A SUPPORTER
3. Registration Form: In order to register as a Supporter you must complete and submit our registration form indicating your agreement to these Supporter Terms through ticking the box on the registration page. By doing so you promise that:
3.1. you are aged 16 years or older;
3.2. you reside permanently in the United Kingdom;
3.3. all the information you provide to Easyfundraising (including your name and email address) is accurate and up-to-date;
3.4. you have only registered one account as a Supporter with the Website;
3.5. you are only seeking to become a Supporter on your own account, and for one person (being the person whose details are provided in your registration form);
3.6. you have not previously had an account with Easyfundraising terminated under paragraph 26 below; and
3.7. you shall comply with all of the terms of these Supporter Terms and the Website Terms.
4. Confirmation Email: Once your registration is complete we shall send you an email to confirm your registration.
5. Changes to your details and Keeping your details safe:
5.1. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to the information which you have provided us with. You can do this using the “My Account” section of the Website.
5.2. It is your responsibility to keep your log-in account details secure. Your password must be treated as confidential and not disclosed to any third party. We have the right to disable any account at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with this paragraph. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password then you must change it immediately or promptly send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have no liability to you for any claims, losses or damage caused to you as a result of your breach of this paragraph 5.
SECTION C: SUPPORTER'S USE OF THE WEBSITE
6. Access and use of the Website: Subject to these Supporter Terms, Easyfundraising shall use its reasonable skill and care in making the Website and its features available to you and Good Causes. Full details of the Donations to Good Causes which may be triggered as a result of your Actions are available on the Website. Your continued use of the Website is subject to your compliance with the.
7. Easyfundraising Materials: Easyfundraising provides a range of additional tools, documents and software you may download and use (the "Easyfundraising Materials"). Many of these are located and may be accessed from the 'Raise More' section of the Website. Your continued use of the Easyfundraising Materials is subject to your compliance with any End User Software Licences governing their use, or, where there is not a specific End User Software Licence, with the licence in section 6 of the.
8. Making Donations to Good Causes: Once you are registered as a Supporter you may raise Donations for Good Causes in a number of ways, including:
8.1. on the Website, each Retailer has a dedicated page which describes the deals offered by that Retailer and the Actions the Supporter may undertake in order to raise a Donation for their Good Cause;
8.2. on the Website, specific deals offered by Retailers are identified and you can click through to perform the Actions which may be undertaken to raise a Donation for your Good Cause;
8.3. downloading and installing Easyfundraising's Donation Reminder toolbar on your browser (which is subject to the Donation Reminder Toolbar's
End User Software Licence). Once installed the Donation Reminder Toolbar operates on your browser and provides reminders and prompts you of Actions which you may undertake in order to raise a Donation for Good Causes in respect of specific Retailers. Please note that the proposed Actions displayed on the Donation Reminder Toolbar may not always be applicable to the purchase being made from that Retailer. For the full description of the deals available from any particular Retailer you should refer to the Retailer's page on the Website;
8.4. Through the "Tell a Friend", "Tell a Good Cause" or "Reward Card Linking Scheme" schemes described in paragraphs 16 to 19 below; or
8.5. Easyfundraising is constantly creating new and innovative ways for Good Causes (and Supporters) to increase the number of Supporters for their Good Cause. Many of these are available in the Raise More section of the Website. We may provide additional guidance on the Website as to how these different schemes and tools work. Some may be subject to special Promotion Terms, but all are subject to these Supporter Terms and the spirit and intention of the Website
8.6. on the Website, specific Good Causes can sign up for Donation and Fundraising services where you can donate an amount of money to a Good Cause or a Fundraiser using your debit or credit card
8.6.1. In order to contribute to a Good Cause or Fundraiser, a Supporter will be required to provide Easyfundraising with debit or credit card information (“Payment Method”). You , as a Supporter, agree that Easyfundraising shall be able to charge such Payment Method with the amount of any donation you have made. Transactions will subsequently appear on your debit or credit statement showing the Donation amount and will appear as an easyfundraising.org.uk transaction
8.6.2. You, as a Supporter, represent and warrant to Easyfundraising that all information concerning your Payment Method is complete and accurate and that you are authorised to use such Payment Method
8.6.3. You agree that a minimum Donation amount of £1.00 applies to any Donation to a Good Cause, and that all Donation payments are final and you shall not have the right to receive a refund except in cases where Easyfundraising, in its sole discretion, agrees to issue a refund.
8.6.4. The Website uses a third-party payment processing partner to process donations made through your Payment Method to the Good Cause you choose to support. You also agree to any and all applicable terms of service set out by our Payment Services Provider (Stripe Terms).
8.6.5. Supporters can choose to donate to a Good Cause through a one-off contribution or choose to set up a monthly donation (“Recurring Donation”). In electing a Recurring Donation, you acknowledge that the Recurring Donation automatically renews each and every month until you opt out of the auto-renewal of the Donation. To opt out of a Recurring Donation you can contact email@example.com
8.6.6. Supporters acknowledge that Recurring Donations may not be provided to or received by the applicable Good Cause if, subsequent to a Recurring Donation being arranged, such Good Cause becomes unavailable, unable to accept Donations, or chooses to stop receiving Donations, which may occur for various reasons, such as if the Good Cause becomes subject to an investigation or is suspended or removed from the Website.
8.6.7. You agree that, in the event of any non-termination of a Recurring Donation, Easyfundraising shall continue to be authorized to charge your Payment Method for the Donation in accordance with these terms. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you.
8.6.8. Supporters acknowledge that Easyfundraising has no liability or obligations in relation to the method or means by which a Good Cause uses any monies raised for them through the platform.
8.7. If you mistakenly enter an incorrect donation amount or repeat a donation, it is your responsibility to inform us in a timely manner at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make every effort to amend or refund your Donation however we cannot guarantee this and shall not be held liable for the amount of such Donation or any bank fees or other costs you may incur as a result of the Donation(s)
9. Fundraising for Good Causes: For some Good Causes a Supporter can also actively raise funds for their nominated Good Cause.
9.1. To raise money for a nominated Good Cause, the Supporter shall be required to register as a fundraiser (“Fundraiser”) through the Good Cause page at easyfundraising.org.uk and can raise funds through: a) An organised event through which the Supporter is participating in order to raise funds. b) ‘In Memory’, through which the Supporter is raising funds in memory of a friend or family member c) Taking part in their own event where the Supporter sets up and completes a personal event to help raise funds
9.2. Indirect Donations: When Supporters establish a Fundraising page through which they are seeking to raise funds on behalf of a Good Cause they are supporting, the Supporter acknowledges that any monies raised will be passed on directly to the Good Cause and not the individual Supporter.
9.3. You acknowledge that Easyfundraising may take down any content you upload onto your Fundraising page at any time at its absolute discretion. Your continued use of the Website is subject to your compliance with the Website Terms.
9.4. Supporters acknowledge that Easyfundraising has no liability or obligations in relation to the method or means by which a Good Cause uses any monies raised for them through the platform.
10. Commission payments: Monies raised from actions are held by the Retailer and then paid to Easyfundraising as commission. No proportion of the commission is payable to you and, once paid, the Commission shall be retained by Easyfundraising to distribute the agreed proportion to Good Causes in accordance with these Terms.
11. Printable and Online Vouchers: On the Website, some Retailers provide online and printable vouchers containing offers which you may use. Such vouchers are unrelated to making Donations to Good Causes. You acknowledge that such vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Retailer. Easyfundraising is not responsible for the validity of the voucher, for any loss of Donations, or loss of any other benefit which might otherwise have been gained had a voucher not been used.
12. Relationship between you and Retailers: You acknowledge that if you decide to buy goods or services from Retailers that this is a private agreement between you and the Retailer. Any issue, defect or fault with goods or services you buy from a Retailer is the sole responsibility of the Retailer from whom you bought the goods or services. Easyfundraising shall have no responsibility or liability of any sort in respect of goods or services. Easyfundraising gives no warranty as to performance by Retailers. Retailers may increase or decrease the Donations made in respect of specific Actions, from time to time.
14. Effectiveness of Easyfundraising's cookies: Our cookies (and other technologies) allow your Actions to be recorded and reported by Retailers to us. However, such cookies may not be effective if, for example, you have not gone directly from the Website to the Retailer's site to complete an Action, if you are using other similar platforms as Easyfundraising which also place cookies, or if you have a toolbar or similar technology from other similar providers of cash back services. This may be for a number of reasons, for example, another cookie may have overridden Easyfundraising's cookies, or the Retailer may have a specific policy when several cookies relating to similar services are placed on your device. Easyfundraising is not responsible for Retailers' policies, if a Retailer does not report your Action, or if a Retailer does not pay the Donation which you believe is payable.
15. Good Causes: As part of the process of registering on the Website, you shall be asked to select a Good Cause to which Donations you raise through Actions may be paid. You may change from one Good Cause to another using the "My Account" section of the Website. Easyfundraising subjects all Good Causes to a checking process in an attempt to ensure that only bona fide causes are registered as Good Causes on the Website. You acknowledge that whilst Good Causes are subject to the Good Cause Terms and checks, Easyfundraising gives no warranty as to the veracity of Good Causes, the activities Good Causes undertake, or how Good Causes spend any Donations. Please note that the payment of Donations to Good Causes is subject to the terms in Section D of the Good Cause Terms.
16. Retailers: We use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that all of the Retailers providing offers to Supporters are reputable. Easyfundraising would not work with any Retailer which Easyfundraising felt to be in bad taste and if anything contentious came to light about any of our Retailers, we would remove them from the Website. However, Easyfundraising gives no warranty or undertaking as to the veracity of Retailers or the activities and conduct of Retailers. Easyfundraising is also not responsible if a Retailer does not report your Action to us or if the Retailer does not pay the Donation payable as a result of your Action.
17. “Tell a Friend” scheme: For a limited time only, your Good Cause may be entitled to receive up to a £5.00 Donation (each a “Supporter Bounty”) for each new Supporter you introduce to Easyfundraising. However:
- for your Good Cause to be eligible to receive the Supporter Bounty: (i) you must share a link generated in the “Tell a Friend” section of the Website Referrals on Facebook, via Twitter or by Email; (ii) your friends must click through the link provided by you and create an account between 24th September 2018 and midnight 30th June 2023 on the Website; and (iii) your friend must then generate £5.00 in paid Donations from Retailers using their new account on the Website within 6 months of registering, this excludes any Donations from Easysearch, free donations and any other Supporter Bounties;
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other “Tell a Friend” scheme available to Supporters.
- A £5 donation will be added to the ‘referring’ user account and will be payable to the good cause or charity they support at the time of payment.
- Easyfundraising may withhold, cancel or recover the payment of the Supporter Bounty for any reason, at its absolute discretion, including if; (i) any transaction which led to the award of the Supporter Bounty is subsequently cancelled or otherwise set aside; or (ii) if we suspect any fraudulent activity, including the registration of multiple accounts by the same Supporter.
18. “Tell a Friend” scheme – Good Cause Administrators: For a limited time only, your Good Cause may be entitled to receive up to a £5.00 Donation (each a “Good Cause Bounty”) for each new Supporter you introduce to Easyfundraising. However:
- for your Good Cause to be eligible to receive the Supporter Bounty: (i) you must share a link generated in the “Tell a Friend” section of the Website Referrals on Facebook, via Twitter or by Email; (ii) your friends must click through the link provided by you and create an account between 24th September 2018 and midnight 30th June 2023 on the Website; and (iii) your friend must then generate £5.00 in paid Donations from Retailers using their new account, this excludes any Donations from Easysearch, free donations and any other Supporter Bounties (iv) any Donation your friend generates must be confirmed within 6 months of registering their new account;
- This promotion is only available to Good Cause Administrators.
- A £5 donation will be added to the ‘referring’ user account and will be payable to the good cause or charity they support at the time of payment.
- Easyfundraising may withhold, cancel or recover the payment of the Supporter Bounty for any reason, at its absolute discretion, including but not limited to; (i) any transaction which led to the award of the Supporter Bounty is subsequently cancelled or otherwise set aside; or (ii) if we suspect any fraudulent activity, including the registration of multiple accounts by the same Supporter.
- Payment of the “good cause bounty” Easyfundraising will add the donation to your account by the next eligible payment run.
19. "Tell a Good Cause" scheme: Your Good Cause may be entitled to receive a Donation equivalent to 20% of the amount each new Good Cause you introduce raises in the six months following its registration of an account (each a "Good Cause Bounty") from you for each new Supporter you introduce to Easyfundraising. However:
19.1. for your Good Cause to be eligible to receive the Good Cause Bounty: (i) you must share a link generated in the "Tell a Good Cause” section of the Website Referrals on Facebook, via Twitter or by Email; (ii) a Good Cause must click through the link provided by you; and (iii) then a Good Cause must have received Donations during the 6 months after its registration; and
19.2. Easyfundraising may withhold, cancel or recover the payment of the Good Cause Bounty for any reason, at its absolute discretion, including if; (i) any transactions which led to the award of the Good Cause Bounty are subsequently cancelled or otherwise set aside; or (ii) if we suspect any fraudulent activity, including the registration of multiple accounts by the same Supporter.
SECTION D: CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT, TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF YOUR
22. Closing Your Account: You may close your account with Easyfundraising at any time by emailing Easyfundraising at the address email@example.com. We shall use our reasonable
endeavours to close your account within two weeks of receipt of
about our approach to deleting your personal data.
23. Suspension of Supporter account: Easyfundraising may, at its sole discretion, without liability, suspend any Supporter's account and/or use of the Website (in whole or in part) if: (a) in Easyfundraising's reasonable opinion, the Supporter has breached (or Easyfundraising suspects the Supporter may have breached) the provisions of these Supporter Terms; (b) your account has been inactive for more than 12 months; or (c) Easyfundraising is carrying out maintenance of the Website. Suspension is not a waiver of any right of termination which Easyfundraising may have under these Supporter Terms.
24. Terminating Supporter's accounts: Easyfundraising may terminate Supporter's accounts without liability:
24.1. immediately upon providing written notice if, in Easyfundraising's reasonable opinion, the Supporter has breached (or Easyfundraising suspects the Supporter may have breached) the provisions of these Supporter Terms;
24.2. immediately upon providing written notice if your account has been inactive for more than 12 months (in which case you will lose any information or Content within your account); or
24.3. upon providing one week's written notice, at Easyfundraising's absolute discretion.
25. Continuation in force: The termination or suspension of these Supporter Terms shall not affect the coming into force or the continuance in force of any provision hereof which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such expiry or termination.
26. Suspicious Transactions: Easyfundraising reserves our rights, at our absolute discretion (to be exercised reasonably) and at any time, to suspend or withhold payment of Donations to Good Causes in respect of any transaction if Easyfundraising suspects (or has actual knowledge) that you have breached these Supporter Terms and specifically if we believe or suspect that fraudulent activity has taken place in relation to any transaction by you, a Good Cause or a Retailer.
SECTION E: LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
27. Restriction on Limitations and Exclusions: Notwithstanding the other provisions in these Supporter Terms, none of the exclusions or limitations in these Supporter Terms shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that Easyfundraising cannot exclude or limit under any applicable law.
28. Exclusions of Liability: Easyfundraising excludes its liability to Supporters for any amount or kind of loss or damage including any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damages (whether in tort, contract, or otherwise) including any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and that may result to Supporters or third parties arising out of or in connection with:
28.1. Supporters' use of the Website and any content on the Website;
28.2. viruses that may infect Supporters' computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of Supporters' access to, use of, or browsing the Website or Supporters' downloading of any material or tools from the Website;
28.3. any error or omission (whether human or manmade) in the provision of the Website or in the operation of the Website including any typographical or programming mistakes or errors;
28.4. Supporters' use of Easyfundraising Materials which may be downloaded from the Website. Easyfundraising is merely providing these Easyfundraising Materials and once downloaded Supporters are responsible for their use and compliance with the provisions of the Website Terms;
28.5. breach of paragraph 5.2; and
28.6. any other loss or damage which these Supporter Terms (or the Website Terms) otherwise state that Easyfundraising has excluded or limited its liability for.
29. Limitation of Liability: Easyfundraising total aggregate liability to each Supporter is limited to the higher of: (a) the total amount of Donations Easyfundraising has paid to Good Causes on behalf of that Supporter in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability; and (b) £50.
30. Force Majeure: Easyfundraising shall not be responsible for any breach of these Supporter Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
31. No Implied Terms: Easyfundraising excludes, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings which would otherwise be implied into any contract (whether by statute or otherwise) relating to the Website are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
32. No Warranties: You acknowledge that whilst Easyfundraising will try to ensure that the information on the Website is relevant, accurate, complete and up to date, Easyfundraising gives no other warranties of any kind in relation to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of the materials or listings on the Website, no endorsement of quality or of the products or services provided by Retailers or the financial stability of Retailers, whether the Retailers products or services will meet your requirements, or as to the performance of the Website.
SECTION F: PUBLICITY
33. If you expressly consent in writing (whether by ticking a check-box on our registration form or otherwise) to us so doing, we will use your user name and image, and any Content which you have uploaded to the Website, throughout the world, for the sole purpose of issuing publicity in respect of Easyfundraising's provision of services to the Supporter's Good Cause. We shall immediately cease to use any such publicity upon written notice from the Supporter which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION G: GENERAL
35. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Supporter Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Supporter Terms and your use of the Website shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to commence court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions in respect of these Supporter Terms, please contact email@example.com