Serving the Military Since 1863. Mrs Daniells opened her first home in Aldershot 1863. The Crimean war was ending, lots of soldiers coming back being tempted to squander their money in the many bars and gambling saloons in the area. In response to the request that someone do something for the soldiers Mrs Daniells set up the first Soldiers Home. In 1963 MDSH moved into a new building in Barrack Road in Aldershot and then in 1983 moved to the Jackson Club building on Gibraltar Barracks.