Turn your everyday online shopping into FREE donations
Over £40m raised for good causes through easyfundraising
As an initiative of people from the local community Wellgate came to life in 1982, turning a piece of wasteland into a well used community resource. The farm, based in the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham aims to be a \'growing place\' for individuals and groups through education, training, therapy and recreation. This working farm is open free of charge 365 days a year thanks to the commitment of many volunteers, and visitors can enjoy seeing, hearing and touching cows, pigs, goats, sheep, ponies, chickens, ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs and more. The conservation pond and area is home to a variety of plant and animal life and the new apiary allows visitors to safely see the busy bees and learn all about honey making. Wellgate is proud to be a bridge between urban and rural, young and old, illness and health, unemployment and employment, bringing people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds together.
- Education worker and programme that offers organised visits to the farm, mobile visits to schools, school talks including harvest assemblies and \'Hatch Packs\',(Incubator Hire and talk).
- Hands On Programme offering training placements to young people 13-19 who are at risk of not being in education, employment or training (NEET),including young people who lack self confidence and self esteem.
- Volunteering opportunities for all including animal, horticultre, recycling, maintenance, shop and fundraising work.
- Supported volunteering providing work based therapy for people with special educational needs and those recovering from mental health issues including drug and alcohol dependency. - Cardboard and aluminum recycling project including kerbside collection, processing and in the case of aluminum selling on to fundraise for the farm. The cardboard is processed into animal bedding and then composted.
- Weekend Young Farmers club 8-18 year olds.
- Spinning Club.
- Membership and animal share scheme.
It's simple to use and it's free. Since we launched in 2005, we've helped thousands of good causes raise money simply by shopping online. Our community of over 2.1 million loyal supporters has so far raised over £40 million.
Choose a cause to support then join for free
Visit retailers and then shop online as normal
Your cause receives free donations
easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations for your favourite cause.
How? Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal.
Our retailers will then make a small donation to say “thank you”.
We have 4700+ retailers to choose from and so far we've raised over £40 million for thousands of community groups, schools, sports clubs, small and large charities across the UK. Easy!
Kim Cowling - 1st and 3rd Kilmacolm Guides
easyfundraising has been great for us and so easy to use. Imagine being given free money just for online shopping! Since joining we have raised over £2,200.
Over £40 million raised
2.1 million supporters
160,000 good causes
Over 4,700 shops